Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Hometown woes.....

As I live in the community where I was born, I have to say that there is a little shame within that small town.  I always thought it was a perfect place to raise my family, I still think it's a great place to live just a little bit disappointed........you see, I was never born into some fancy name.  I love my family and would never change that, but why does a name have so much affect on how people view you??  We are all the same human right??  I try my 1000% to put all that I have into a project to better and help others, while people look down on me and choose not to support me.  When I first started For the Love of Grace I thought I wanted to be recognized for a job well done, you know that pat on the back saying way to go??  But as I sit now and really truly understand the magnitude of the entire thing I now realize that's not what I want at all.  What I want is to help others, to let them know that they are not alone.  Sure I want people to know that the project exists, but solely to support the people who are receiving the quilts.  Without that support the project is nothing really, without those people pushing behind me it's dead in the water.  It's not just about me starting this, it was about a community that I thought would back me.  I know there are so many people in the town that have had a child or relative that has utilized some kind of NICU service.  I thought those people would support me to the moon and back, well.....those people are actually the first ones to ignore what is going on.  I know I will be forever thankful for those that we met while in the NICU and will never forget them and what they have done for me and my family.

I set goals for my self within this project.....my first goal was to donate 100 rag quilts within a year.  I am proud to say that come October 28, 2013 we will be donating far over that!!  As the number is not definite as of the moment but I can say it will be around 115!!  That is huge for us!!  And we still have until December to make it to a full year!!  My goal for October donation was to make it the biggest one yet!!  I can say that as of today we have 31 quilts to go with my goal set higher than that!!  ;)

I just ask that you look around at your community, are there places that your family may have used, weather that has been a humane society where you adopted your furry baby, or  hospital related, there are so many organizations that are out there and need donations that we don't even know about.  I didn't have a clue about the NICU until we were there and needed it.  Many people don't, and that's why I am going to push and make people listen.........



No comments:

Post a Comment