Thursday, March 9, 2017

..^..^..

  2016 was a year of discovering ME....Just Me......as my title says, but I guess I never really knew who Me really was...... I was a shy, quite girl; well, I'm still that girl but I'm learning more about me that I always thought might be a part of me.  Back in February of 2016 I started the beginning of a new obsession.....if you remember I took the plunge with a new tattoo, a perfect little kitty!!  Well, the urge hit me May 31. 2016 to add to that tiny collection........lol

    It was a kinda off the way, last minute thing, no plans to go to Mason City that day, until the hair bit me in the ass and off we went......  We headed to TechinoColor once again, this time we made sure that we were among the first in line.  I say we cause as an awesome parent I am I took my kids into a tattoo shop....lol  😏Yeah, I am one of those parents.....shoot me!!  In my defense I did ask the tattoo artist if it was okay and he did let me know it was alright for the older kids to be there, just not toddlers running around.

    My idea was to kinda balance out the existing tattoo that I already had, the kitty on the wrist.  Pinterest is almost too helpful in finding ideas for beautiful things....lol  Really, type in anything in the search on Pinterest and it will bring up millions of things!!  In the search of a balancing tattoo I stumbled upon so many things that I kinda wanted, until the one jumps out to you and almost screams ME, ME, ME!!  Yep, when that hits it's over.....

 I got an artist I wasn't familiar with, Nick.  I just figured if they worked in the shop they must be decent right?!  I will answer my stupid question later......

I actually combined a few tattoos that I liked, the original was just the nose and whiskers, but there were other tattoos there were just the ears so I combined them into something that seemed Per-fect for me...... (see what I did there....lol)

Nick drew out the design free hand on my arm, adjusting lines where they needed and said he knew which ones to go by.......




   Time to get started!!  People ask what it feels like....I've heard it's so different for different people/locations of tattoos.  So I can't really give an accurate answer to that.  For me on my bony wrists it feels a lot like touching a electric fence.  Yes, I was a farm kid and I have touched a few in my life.  Only difference I think might be that a fence you generally don't have a constant buzz like you do with a tattoo.....a tattoo although is short bursts of "shock".....I'm not sure that I make much sense, maybe other people are better to ask....lol





All done and cleaned up!!  Now, to answer my above question....are all artists working good....not always... It saddens me to say that but it could and in my eyes should have been better.  Do I love him, yes......and maybe I'm picky but it's FOREVER guys!!  My issue is the ears....one is round and one is more straight......and the whiskers are off.  But like all kitties, this one is not Per-fect........
    The two tattoos, obviously both cat related, I think they do balance each other out well.....I'm pleased and I promise you this isn't the last of the kitty themed tattoos.....(as of the moment I haven't added any more kitties but others....)









No comments:

Post a Comment