Thursday, September 27, 2012

My baby turns 5

Another birthday in the house~this one is bitter sweet~my "baby" is turning 5!!  It seems like just yesterday I was in the doctor's office....I will take you back.....

It was Grace's 4 month well baby check up~the weight check and all the goodies.  She had been admitted not too long ago with RSV so we had to keep tabs on her weight~anyway...I had been asking the doctor some personal questions about my cycle returning.  He looked at me like I was an purple people eater when I asked why my cycle had not returned after 4 months.  He was the doctor~I was asking him!!  He went through a check list of questions and looked at me once more~asking me if there was any possible way that I could be pregnant.  I for a moment thought NO WAY, but I remembered this 1 time that Grace had fallen asleep...;)  I said I guess there is always a possibility~but it was only once so probably not.  So on his last attempt to find out the culprit to my missing cycle we ran a pregnancy test.  He was gone from the office for what seemed like an eternity~when he returned he extended his hand and told me "congratulations~your pregnant!"  I'm sure I turned every shade of white because he kept asking me if I was feeling alright~I actually wanted to throw up right there!!  How was I going to explain going to my BABIES 4 month check up and finding out that I was pregnant??  So we tallied back to the one time and discovered that I was 2 months pregnant.  Talk about a shock~I am one of those lucky pregnant ladies with no sickness so there was no signs of pregnancy~maybe being tired but I had a newborn!!  I remember thinking that my body had betrayed me~wasn't it supposed to protect me from this?? I didn't breast feed but still~I never knew that you could get pregnant that soon after having a baby!!

So I tottled home in complete shock~what was I going to tell my husband??  My dad??  My friends??  My in-laws??  Well.....my husband didn't believe me at first~he had the same reaction, my dad was worried about the toll it would take on me being pregnant again so quickly.  I have to admit~during those times I had horrible thoughts~~at one point I prayed that I would miscarry (and I have lost a pregnancy in the past) and I knew that it was a horrible thought to have but 2 babies in a year~not even a year~11 months!!  Looking back now I can see that I was suffering from postpartum depression but at the time it just seemed like the only answer.  Well....when the 3 month safety net came upon us and the little peanut was still living in it's nice cozy womb I began to realize that we were having this baby wither I liked it or not.  As time moved on and that baby began to move and kick I fell in absolute love~the ultrasounds could not come soon enough.  I was considered high risk because of the pregnancies being so close together, so I got to see the doctor's office quite a bit~not to mention that I still had an infant that had check up's.  lol   The nurses in the office were taking bets on when I would deliver~I delivered at 37 weeks with Grace (story to be told in about a month) so they really didn't think I would carry to term.  But I walked in carrying my 11 month old on the date I was due and the doctor checked me and I was dilated and looking good~so he asked if I was ready to meet this little peanut~that was hugely strange to me to be induced as with my 3 other deliveries my water had broke~my children decided their own birthday.  And here I was deciding when this little girl was coming into the world.  I told the doctor that would be great~just needed to get a sitter for the kids and get my husband home and we would be set.

So with everything in it's place we walked into the the hospital ready to deliver the little surprise.  I was terrified~everyone has always said that inductions are terrible~I am living proof to tell you they really aren't that bad!!  lol  From the time I walked into the hospital and the moment little Miss Tessa was welcomed into this world it was 4 hours!!!  The moment I held that beautiful baby girl I fell in love~she had a full head of black hair and was perfect!!  I cried thinking that I had prayed for this to never exist~so in that moment I was greatful that God had not listened to me.  Sure there were up's and down's to having your babies 11 months apart~but I would never change it.  Tessa was there for Grace's 1st birthday (not that she remembers)~they have always been close.  They could finish each others sentences~they just clicked the moment she was born~it was like the piece to Grace's puzzle was finally put in.



Everywhere we went people asked if they were twins~they were almost the same size~I have chunky babies once they start eating.  lol  Many people offered their stories of close knit babies and I began to realize that I was part of an unspoken club of mothers who are crazy enough to have babies that close.  I was called super women a lot~to have a 8 year old. a 3 year old, an 11 month old and a newborn.  Maybe I was~but I would never change my past.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment