Friday, February 26, 2016

Ink!!

So here it is...finally FRIDAY!!  So as you may have guessed it by the title I did go through with my very first tattoo!! I am so excited!!  Yes I chose a weeny sized one but none the less it is still a tattoo!!  I guess I went with a small one for my first to make sure that I was going to be able to handle the pain.......lol  Yes I had 4 beautiful children without any pain medication but I think that is a little bit different!!  ;)

So my tattoo adventure began on Tuesday Feb. 23rd .  2 of my friends and I decided that we were going to go to Technicolor Tattoo in Mason City, IA for their $20.00 Tuesday special.....let me tell you; everyone and their dog was on board this particular day for this deal.....  We checked in around 5:15 and were told there would be about a 2 hour wait, no biggie....we would go do some shopping.  (we decided to go to Pure Pleasures {a sex store} and just walk around.  No harm in just goofing around)  We decided that we want to make sure that we were back with plenty of time so we headed back to the shop around 6:30......little did we know that it was going to be HOURS until a needle even touched our skin!!  I can't say that I am hugely upset.....yes, things in the shop should have been handled differently (there was a gentleman there getting the side of his head tattooed which took around 3-4 hours alone!)  In my opinion the larger tattoos should have been scheduled on a different day, but to each their own........  we watched people come and go, and we began to get a little mad......when was our turn!?  It was approaching 11:00 before we actually got to sit in t he chairs, we were the last people besides the artists to be in the shop that night, which closed at 9:00!!  So they went above and beyond to stay open for us!!  My friend Jamie and I both got the same artist, Jake.  He was super friendly and made both of us less nervous as it was our firsts!!  He laid the stencil on, and asked if we were ready......he slowly started with a small line and checked to see how I was doing.......I was actually doing great!!  lol   To describe how it felt would be difficult, as each person is different.  But I would say it's a lot like a bee sting repeating or if there are any of you that have ever touched an electric fence (to keep animals in) it's kinda like that.  Once he got close to my wrist bone it felt weird as my bone was vibrating.....lol  But I was amazed it wasn't nearly as painful as I thought it was going to be......yeah!!





So I guess there is going to be a long list of future tattoos made....there are already a few in mind.....








all done!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment